Sunday 14 February 2016

From Script to Screen: Concept Art Interior + Environment

Haunted House exterior environment
The house was influenced and comprised of different elements of the Amityville Horror house and the main houses from 'Psycho' and 'Fight Club', because of their connection to Gothic design, though I didn't want it to be too over the top. I was struggling with making it look abandoned, as I felt that it wouldn't make sense in the narrative if a Burglar broke into obviously broken and abandoned house, so I tried to go for the look of a house abandoned and forgotten on the edge of suburbia for around 6 months. The grass has over-grown a little and creeping vines have started to grow. 

House interior hallway (colour pass)

House interior hallway
This concept is taken from shot 7 of my storyboard for a full look at the hallway. I used references to 'The Shining' and 'Psycho' to add the tone of it being a recognisable to the audience that this is a horror house. The colour of red and blue was what I picked up on in 'Black Narcissus', being a psychedelic clash. What I thought of as two opposing forces meet in the house, as the cold burglar representing blue and the temperamental ghost who I saw in design as almost like a frozen sparkler being the red opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment