Friday 13 November 2015

Continuing Thumbnails: Initial ideas for city composition and key objects




While my tablet is out of commission, I've been working on some more sketchbook work, doing more work on key objects of the city I can use and shapes that I think work for types of buildings, like a bank, which would naturally be grand and an impressively raised palace, based on the Imperial Gatchina Palace egg. I wanted to draw back to statuary designs not based solely on eggs, and thinking of how I could design surprises and openings. I toyed mostly with a lifting off base idea. I also felt it was time to block out where the city as a a whole could be positioned and what greenery it could have, appropriate as floral tree and spring designs play a major part in many of the egg designs that I have seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment